We are going to keep a travel blog while we're in China, complete with pictures and daily updates. I'm contemplating password protecting it, and I know for sure that I will not link to it from here. Because...well, because I want some control over who gets to read it. Most people that know me in real life do not know about Shelba and I want to keep it that way.
But, if you want the link and the possible password/login, then either comment here or send me an email. If you don't get a response right away, know that I'm mad busy (that is me being mad hip) and that I probably won't send out the link, etc until the weekend anyway.
I'm sitting here anxiously hitting refresh, checking my email every other second, waiting for the consulate appointment. We should know in the next hour if it came or not. But it really has to come today, it has to. *Insert hyperventilating*
Okay, so details on the bitchin' tickets. They will cost us $250 roundtrip from here to Hong Kong. (we're booking a separate ticket to Beijing) 1st class! Thank goodness for miles. We were able to use them after all. If we get the consualte appointment that our agency requested, then we will use these tickets and leave one week from tomorrow, so we'll go a couple of days early to spend time in Hong Kong and then off to Beijing to do extra sightseeing.
We would return on the 17th.
I really, really, really hope that we get word today and that it is for the dates that we've booked, and that we'll be leaving on a jet plane in a week.
Will report back within in the hour. This is Shelba, reporting live from her living room in Austin, TX.
Oh dear Lord, please, please give us our consulate appointment date tomorrow. We have bitchin' tickets to China being held for us until midnight tomorrow, so if we don't get our dates tomorrow....bye, bye bitchin' tickets.
We don't have our travel dates yet, *insert pout* but it looks like we'll hear something on Monday. We're supposed to prepare to leave on June 2nd still, but like I've said before, it could be later. We're going to see if we can put tickets on hold this weekend, because time is slipping away and with holidays, plus this being prime traveling season....it might be tricky.
I'm not worried. Nope. I'm refusing to worry. La la la la! Not worried. We'll get there, yes, we will. I need to direct any worrying towards stuff like light-weight suitcases, baby proofing our house, learning child cpr/1st aid, and finding rugs to protect Z's noggin from our wood floors.
Oh yeah, and we have to drive the dogs to Mississippi...we have to find time to do that.
We're waiting on our consulate appointment to be confirmed so that we may make travel arrangements. Still don't know if we're leaving in one week, two weeks, or three weeks. I'm busy busting my butt. There is nothing like waiting until the last minute to get everything done.